Monday, August 22, 2011

Another day, another dollar? no, another...really special person.



Today I went to get my nails done, you know, just wanting a normal day at the nail salon, but no, I left swimming in influenza. I walked in and there were no customers, which isn't really surprising since nail places are popping up faster than those gross little mushrooms that suddenly infest your pretty front yard in the summertime. Anyway, there is a girl that seemingly works there, listening to an ipod while eating this cookie thing that was shaped like a straw. She asked me what I needed, I told her and I sat down. After two different women came up and asked me again what I wanted, she plopped down in the chair in front of me sucking on a cookie straw. She then started telling me about how far she has to drive to work, and her boyfriend was gonna pick up her son because he got fired from his second job, but if he didn't then she was gonna have to ask the baby's daddy because it would be an hour before she got home if she had to go all the way over there...and so on and so forth. Now, I usually have this inate ability to make people shut up in front of me. But really, I didn't have it today. And I don't know why. She asked me questions, good lawd did she ask me questions! Where was I from? Did I live around here? Why did I leave my husband in Korea? Didn't Korea have anything fun? Do I "got" a kid with him? (my husband) "Do" Korea have lots of nice restaurants? *sighhh* I was actually just so taken aback by her, that I think I lost my "look" that I give when I just want to be left alone. If I had it, she didn't seem to notice. Thennnnn, she coughs on me. Ok, strike 1 biatch! I am a germophobe and I don't appreciate you spraying my face with your nastiness. Ughh! So, I am getting gel nail polish so every few minutes she has to stop and wait for my nails to dry under the UV light. Everytimeeee, my nails were drying, she would open up her little manicure box and start picking at her cuticles with one of the tools and then she would just put it right back, without washing it! Strike 2!! By the way, all she did was repaint my nails, so she wasn't using the tools on me. I would have freaked out! Next, she begins to file her toenails right in front of me...ummm, waittt. Is this actually happening? I'm actually paying for this experience.Thennn, she is checking my polish to see if its dry when she starts rubbing on her nose and sniffing. She said, "I think Im getting sick.." Then she shoves another cookie straw thing in her mouth. Strike 3!! I went home to bathe in bleach.

When I was leaving, this lady came in and yelled in an all out southern dialect, "I don't know how good you people can speak Aaanglish, but I'm diabetic! And if you cut me while you're givin' me a pedicure, I'm gone bleed like'a stuck hawg!" Baaaahahahaha. Bless her heart.

How do I stumble upon all the specialness of the world? And how do I make it stop? 

On another note, I am so excited for November that I can't stand it! I cannot wait for San Diego with Lucas <3

No comments:

Post a Comment