Friday, August 26, 2011

On this day in 2009...


Facebook told me today that on this day in 2009, my status said, "Jenny Leigh Adams is a very happy girl :)"

I distinctly remember where I was when I wrote this and why. Its funny how things happen and how fast two years can pass us by as it feels like just yesterday to me. This moment is so vivid in my memory and when I close my eyes for just a second, I can almost return to this day and remember everything about it. I can certainly remember the genuine smile that was coming from my heart and soul that day. I was standing in my bathroom, having just gotten home from a jog, which by the way, was NOT why I was so happy. I did not then, and do not now like jogging, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right? So I was standing in the bathroom, about to shower and get ready for the night ahead and I was feeling overwhelmingly happy .

A week or so earlier, I had taken a beach trip with a group of friends. One of which was a loud, overbearing, stubborn, opinionated, arrogant, annoying asshole of a guy that I couldn't get away from fast enough who, as the weekend went on, became the sweetest, most thoughtful, smart, generous, comforting, attentive, funny guy that I couldn't get enough of. It just so happens that the guy that made me so happy in 2009, just became my husband :)

So, on this day in 2011, Jenny Leigh Adams Layman is still a very happy girl :)

First dinner in Destin, FL August 2009


Newlyweds in NC, August 2011



1 comment:

  1. How did I miss these. Your writing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete