Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gay Marriage and Dog Breeds

I am quite sure that I will perhaps regret writing this post, but I'd really like to hear some opinions.

Unless you have recently visited Pluto, you have probably heard the recent commotion about gay marriage. I know I have. Everyone is real, real angry at North Carolina right about now. I've seen people talking about this issue, then leave the conversation and immediately stick their finger in an electrical outlet and start eating erasers off of pencils. Its bad out there.

The point is, they are frazzled and pissed!

While I know there are varying opinions from here to there and all in between, in a recent conversation, someone said that they just wanted it to be called something different if two men or two women were to wed. Like, not "marriage". These people can be married in their opinion, but they have to make a new word for it because "marriage" is taken damnit! **and then they threw their lollipop in the dirt and stomped away** Now, with the risk of getting anthrax mailed to me, I'll say my opinion on the issue.

 I don't care who gets married. As far as the religious standpoint; well, "us religious people" can't pick and choose what we want to uphold from the Bible, in my opinion. Sorry. Would I love for everyone to live exactly as God would like us to live? Yes. But I'd also like 765 billion to magically appear in my bank account tonight also and well, that's not going to happen. Nobody, even the most religious people in the world, knows exactly how God wants us to treat other people, so we have to just do the best we can. I care a whole lot more about abortion and the death penalty than I do if a man wants to sign a freaking piece of paper and marry another man. Or woman and woman. Gah, I always feel like I have to be all-inclusive. But let me tell you, its all fun and games until the marriage certificate is signed! ;)


BUT, I can see the point of the person who just wants it to be called something different. I know, you just slammed your hands on your keyboard and started sweating when you just read that, but come on. It is kind of like calling all dogs Miniature Schnauzers. I mean, not all dogs are schnauzers. Some are German Shepherds and some are Poodles. Okay, now you're really mad because I've made a dog comparison. I just said I didn't care who got married or on what planet they chose to live!

So, do you think the nation could stop ripping each other's heads off if gay marriage was simply called something different? What's your opinion? Why? And yes, I realize there is much more to the issue than just what its called. But this is my blog and I run the discussion around here! Its not a democracy. Hehe. Kidding sheesh. Lawdamercy its always something around here. (America) If we're not mad about the war and the economy, then its gas prices, and if its not gas prices, its how much Beyonce spent on a room to birth her blue baby or that Octomom had 8 babies while she was on welfare or how much New Jersey paid for Whitney Houston's funeral. I wonder if we will ever just calm the eff down?

And, can I just add that I haven't stopped laughing at Obama since he decided today that he supports gay marriage. I'll back that up with the fact that I've been at work and haven't been able to read or watch the news, so perhaps there is something I'm missing, but I am pretty sure that he just realized this is an election year. I felt sorry for people who fell for his exquisite speaking ability and charming personality during the last election year and I feel sorry for them now. Bless.

Okay, now that I've made you mad...ta-ta! Delete me if you have to! And for the record, I love Jesus and I love human rights! (Not as much as animal rights, but still...)




5 comments:

  1. Jenny, I love you girl but you need to come on back to south Georgia and get your head screwed back on right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good points. A comical way to express them. I hope everybody can take what you say with a grain of salt and a tongue in cheek attitude as that is exactly how you write. I love it! You are one in a million.

    Patty Adams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love you my sweet friend!

    Natashia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with you 100% on your gay marriage viewpoints :)))

    Would you like to follow each other doll? Let me know!

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete