Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day is not...

Veteran's Day.

I know most of you are sunburned, drunk, and full of some obscene amount of grilled meat (gross. seriously.) but before this Memorial Day ends, I just felt that I couldn't lay my head on my little pillow tonight without addressing something. =====> Umm, you guys do know that Memorial Day is not actually Veteran's Day, right? :-/ If your pits are starting to sweat and you are looking over your shoulder, then I'm talking to you. Today is about the people that fought and died for your country. As I perused social media today, I discovered that entirely too many people thought today was because the United States of America thought they needed an extra day off of work to float in a pool and stuff their face, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they knew what the holiday was really for. But then, what really perplexed me was that it was apparent that some people were confusing the meaning of today with Veteran's Day. Bless their hearts. I know the words "veteran" and "memorial" are really, really similar and all, but for those of us who have to share this land and breathe the same air as you, could you pretty please with a cherry on top, not be such a sad excuse for an American?



Hmm, so I read someone's blog today (and a few times before) but I just decided that I really don't like this person. Why, oh why do people like to pretend like life is a bunch of swell moments that turn into swell hours which then turns into a whole swell day? Come on. Just stop before we all smash our face into our keyboard! And that made me think, "hmm...I wonder how many people read my blog and don't like me because of it?"...which made me laugh...a lot--because I know for sure there are many. --And then I went on to eat my PB&J for dinner. Yea, that's right you judge-y foodie/fit folks. That's what I ate and then I had some sorbet. What? I'm still on my post-gestational diabetes binge. Lay off me.

By the way, if you're a loyal reader here, you'll notice some changes coming soon. I'll be adding a few categories to the blog, some of which will include pregnancy & infertility related things, and also some product reviews. I'll also be doing some giveaways in the near future. I'm pretty stoked about this because I LOVE giving gifts and I really love shopping, so I am looking forward to sharing some of the things I love with you guys. Is it bad that I'm so obsessed with new things that I can't wait to give some new things away to possibly a complete stranger here? Yeaaaap, that's what I figured. Anyway, stay tuned ;)

Ta-Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment